The sPHENIX visitors office (SVO) is here to help you with site access and housing requests.
The office is run by
- Mariette Faulkner (firstname.lastname@example.org) - primary admin
- Peter Steinberg (email@example.com) - scientific liaison
This page will be used to document basic information for users, and especially the procedures we follow to help get people access to resources on the BNL site.
We can offer advice and tangible help on
- BNL site access
- On-site lodging booking (& lodging support for US citizens, green card holders, and B1/H1B visa holders)
- Per diem support (for US citizens, green card holders, and B1/H1B visa holders)
- Office space
How we can help you:
- Notify the SVO (Peter & Mariette) of any anticipated visitors to BNL
- Please include dates of proposed visit and housing needs
- All reservations are made via SVO on behalf of the guest/collaborator
- Summer 2023 housing is very limited - please make all requests by May 1, 2023
- All guests must have an active guest number
- If needed, please register at https://www.bnl.gov/guv
- GUV enter needs 30 days notice for all registration by non-US citizens
- Check your training before arrival!
- Can be found online at https://www.bnl.gov/guv/training.php
- Note: everyone working at 1008 must have Collider-Accelerator traning
- Given in person the first time, but can do challenge exams in following years